Wow. Time goes fast. It's been a couple of weeks since I have written anything. Hmm....
Had a good trip to TX for work. I always see interesting stuff on the road but my last hotel in Dallas took top prize. You know the stories about those little girls in beauty pageants with the big poofy hair and twirling a baton.... Friday night in Dallas, I entered the revolving doors of my fantastic hotel (thanks priceline) and there in the lobby and hallway were a troupe of little pageant girls complete with wig-like hair, fake nails, vibrant costumes, and overdone make-up. I was astonished to see these mini-people strutting around.
Later that evening I decided to take a wonderful last dip in the pool since the warm Texas air still registered a balmy 75 degrees. The only other people out on the pool deck up on the 15th floor were the pageant girls. Moms lounged around with their cigarettes and a general look of disgust on their faces. Meanwhile the girls bobbed around like teenagers. I couldn't resist speaking to one of the little Barbies. This is what I learned.
1. The competitors were all 8 and 9 years old.
2. Once you were "royalty" you were ALWAYS royalty FOR LIFE.
3. If you were already royalty, you could go to all sorts of exclusive rooms, if not, you had better stay away because the other girls would let you know.
4. And then I observed this conversation amongst them. "Did you see those cute boys in the lobby? For sure. They asked if I had money and I was like, Of course, I have $4,000! And they were like, whooooa. Duh, I am royalty."
Oh my goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you should have snapped a picture? All I can imagine is the little pageant girl that was killed...so, not a happy thought, and then Olive from Little Miss Sunshine...probably not what these little girls looked like, but funnier I'm sure.
And geez, I just looked below while typing this and the little 'word' I have to type to be able to post is like in greek. How do they expect me to post when I can't tell if it's a G or a Q?
Post a Comment