Saturday, June 7, 2008

Crazy Saturdays

I slept until 12:30 p.m. today!

Well, that's what I thought until I got up, realized the power had gone out in the morning storms and it was really 8:30 a.m. Perfect time to get up (well, second getting up time - I had already been up at 5 a.m. to make lunch for Derek).

Logged onto MSU to do the mountains of homework that I knew were waiting for me and to my surprise, the entire system is down until Monday. I freaked for a minute because we only have about 4 or 5 assignments for the whole class and missing one would be suicide for my grade. I emailed the group asking if anyone had the assignment and then emailed the professor explaining that I couldn't log in to class.

So now what? I didn't want to clean and the lawn was still drenched for the morning storms so I couldn't be outside. I decided to take the Mariner for a cruise. It needed a fill and Derek had charged me with "breaking in the engine" today anyways. Nice.

A latte and a muffin later, I headed down the road. When I hit St. Peter, Dad called. He was wondering what I was doing because they were headed to the lake and wondering when we would pick up our new boat. I told him I was just cruising and would pick it up in 30 minutes! (We have ESP.) I headed up to Dad's shed in Gaylord and we spent time puttering around the boat and getting the Mariner fitted with a hitch. Good quality Dad time - I love him. Mom came and took pictures and I drove away with our new (1989 so really not that new) boat. It was my first time pulling any sort of trailer so it was a slow ride home but I made it. Derek was shocked when he got home from work to see the boat in the driveway (and probably shocked that I had pulled it!) The boat makes the Mariner look tiny.

Checked email when I got home - NO ASSIGNMENT DUE since the system is down! Woohoo.

My next big adventure was to attempt to mow our lawn. Almost 2 years in the house and I had yet to touch the lawnmower. And after today, it may be a while until I do it again. The mower is a push and NOT self-propelled. It was a great work out and I will probably be sore tomorrow. But I feel a huge sense of accomplishmen. Plus, Derek was able to relax after work and enjoy the afternoon.

On top of all that, Derek picked up my piano (that we "bought" in February) on Friday. So we are done spending money but excited about all of our good deals and new toys!

Pictures will be posted later. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: