What a great start to a long weekend. This weekend is our biggest event at work combining parent's weekend, reunions, admissions open house, and our Arts on the Green festival and Theatre Physics show. It is a big busy full weekend and makes us crazy. But today was a fantastic start. We ran around town and around campus all day prepping things for tomorrow, decorating, planning, and answering lot's of phone calls.I also had a fantastic lunch date with two of my favorite girls Angie and Christy. Thanks ladies! It was fun to catch up and see little Kate.
For the third year in a row, the alumni board has met at Charley's for a kick off dinner together. It's a great time for a drink and good meal without the usual meeting and work atmosphere. Across the restaurant, another group from Bethany was having a party for the sports hall of fame members. Charley's is owned and operated by an alum of Bethany which makes our night all the more special.
The downer for the weekend is I still have a ton of homework (some due in two hours - I am totally procrastinating) and Derek is in IA for Hawkeye football. Sad. But I did get a haircut that I am having lot's of fun with. We'll see what I think when I have to do it tomorrow!
So tomorrow I am heading to school around 8:30 a.m. and will start to get ready for the day. The 5k starts at 9 a.m. and things just go crazy from there. We end with a group at the Tav at 9 p.m. so it will definitley be a long day. Hopefully my crazy looking lip will be healed by then. The fever blister/cold sore/punched in the mouth look is getting old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment