Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Revelations at 36 weeks

It is totally hilarious to be at 36 weeks and remember the blogs I read when I was at 12. What they said was all so true! Last night I woke up with a completely numb hand. Was I laying on it? Was the blood flow wrong? Is it just a part of the package? I have no idea but I wanted to laugh at 2:30 in the morning because I remember reading about others experience and wondering what the heck they were talking about.

I feel the hurry up and wait sensation. I know I should be doing all of this prep stuff at work and home but always wonder if I am even taking on the right task. By the time I figure out if it is the right one, I am too tired or lost interest anyway! Hah! So much for productivity.

I am trying to piece together my work, last phone calls, last arrangments, plans for mail and events. Something will get dropped since we are short-staffed right now but we are prepared for that. My evenings consist of one chore at a time. One night I get dishes done, one night some laundry...on the agenda tonight is shower thank yous. I get exhausted at about 9 if not earlier, to bed by 10ish, and start the wake-ups at 1:00, 2:30, 4:30, 5:45 a.m.  The kitty's can't figure out when they are supposed to be up since I am moving around so much. And Derek's landscaping is turning out really awesome. He is so good at it and with his brother's help, they work so fast!

The baby is still very active and trying to move into spaces that just aren't there. A popular move is the foot extended out my left side and a desperate attempt to flip into my left hip. I am wondering when it will figure out that the only way out is down! :) Really, I can wait for a bit. I really want to use my vacation time before it comes! And of course I want it to be healthy and all of that good stuff . My body is rocking out those Braxton Hicks. Yesterday was particularly strong. It's a good thing the weather is so amazing to take my mind off from...well...me!

No comments: