Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Texas Sun

Working in Texas this week. It has been drizzly but this afternoon some sun peeked out for a gorgeous late afternoon. This weather makes me long for summer at home. I heard it is cloudy and rainy and possibly snow coming. I fly home Thursday and am guessing that is when it will hit, especially since I have no warm coat.

I ate at a wonderful authentic Mexican cafe today. It was so good. I had un pequeno de todo which made me laugh because I had literally just commented that I wished I could try a little of everything. It felt like I had stepped into Mexican with the smells of tortillas and peppers, the stone porch and blue tiled cermic metal tables. It was called La Fogata and I am surprised to find they have a website. It's a pretty good website. If you look, we ate in El Pozo.

I just got done with my work and tonight I will try to keep up with homework. I have to do a simulation for strategy class and I don't really love it. I had to do one for undergrad and am not a fan. Also need to read, take a 30 minute quiz (on my honor), and then submit reports from playing 8 quarters of the simulation since I miss class tomorrow night. Blah. Not exciting but at least I don't have a lot of things distracting me here. Also need to self-reflect again for hours so I don't get behind in that one. Today's burning question: "The greatest crucible of my life is:" Oh my. At least with this gorgeous weather I can write about my crucible on a patio. I wonder what the Professor would say if I put that these questions were a big crucible in my life...

No comments: