Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 30

The posts from the emails to Grandmas and Derek are finished and I am caught up! Now for today...

Thank goodness for girlfriends and the email newsletters from American Pregnancy Association, The Bump, Baby Center, and Fit Pregnancy. Just when my freak out radar starts to creep up, I spend time with these people and emails and feel better. My poor husband is always encouraging me to talk to girlfriends since he is not the empathetic type and we both know it. He is right. It helps. So thanks to all my girlfriends and the genius behind those websites! And to all of the other bloggers that keep it honest and interesting.


Today “starts” week 30. The 3 in there causes an emotional reaction. Is it joy along the lines of “I only have 10 weeks of growing left,” or trepidation “This is going to go down in 10 weeks!”? It’s a mixture. Lately, I have been not-excited about my continual growth so the joy of only growing for 10 more weeks is probably stronger than the trepidation.
On a positive note, I do not have gestational diabetes – hallelujah! I do have low iron and am close to anemic but that’s not just during pregnancy so I don’t even care about that one.

My biggest symptoms/complaints right now are:

• I weigh more. (To all current and former preggos, should I continue or does that say enough?)

• Increasingly slowing down when we walk at night. Terribly frustrating.

• Lower back/tailbone/sciatic pain at random times.

• Difficulty sleeping for long periods in a comfortable position. Of course this results in some tired days. It's like I have re-entered the first trimester fog some days.

• Occasional hand numbness (possibly from those crazy sleeping positions)

• Shortness of breath and general incapability of keeping up with old activities

• Emotional ups and downs.

• Clothing. The constant battle to feel attractive, cover all that needs covering, and not break the bank doing it.

I know that this all comes with the territory but it’s amazing how active you find you usually are when you simply can’t be. Also, the emotional ups and downs are frustrating because it’s new territory. I feel like I have been a fairly even keel person most of my life and losing control of that is a little strange and unnerving.

Also, I feel a bit guilty because I drink caffeine yet. I try not to OD and drink it all day like I used to but I do have a cup or two of coffee. I am thinking it’s a part of my baby at this point but I still feel a little twinge of guilt every time I get a cup.

So that’s my confessional for the beginning of week 30. Pictures to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sarah you look great! I laughed when you said your baby is measuring in the 50th percentile. Mine was at 98% and never got any smaller. :) Don't beat yourself up about the caffeine - I did the same thing. Sometimes you just have to, to make it through the day. So happy for you! Hope we can get together soon!