The next few posts are re-caps of my monthly Dr. appointments that I have been sending to the soon to be Grandmas and Derek. It's the easiest way to catch up the blog. Enjoy.
Depending on your point of view, I am in the 20th or 21st week. It seems that most websites and pregnant ladies look ahead so that makes it the 21st week. Either way, it’s the half way point. If baby is enjoying my snacks this week (as the websites say), it will love peanut butter, cinnamon, raspberry jam, bananas, apples, granola bars, and fruit snacks with vitamin c. I think I need more vegetables!
The check up on Tuesday was good. My blood pressure was in the 140’s when I first arrived but when I left an hour later, it had drop to the 120’s . Dr. said things look good and seems happy with everything that is going on with the pregnancy. He said my uterus is right at my belly button and the baby is moving like it should at this point “growth is right on.”
The heart rate was 134; consistently dropping since my first appointment but in the healthy range. My weight gain is good at 7-10 lbs. He said I should look forward to more rapid weight gain in the coming months. I prefer the slow gain so hope “rapid” doesn’t indicate a big boom. A nurse scheduled our ultrasound for this Friday morning! So pictures will be available soon. We aren’t planning to find out the gender but it will be good to see the baby on the screen and make sure the measurements are looking good.
No comments:
Post a Comment