Monday, September 6, 2010

Just a few things on my mind on this overcast Labor Day.

It's my last day of maternity leave. Tomorrow I start work and Baby A hit's up the daycare scene. I am glad we have an in-home provider that we know fairly well but it's still a gut-wrenching thought. Blah. I was telling the hubby that it seems like an impossible week ahead. I was hoping to ease into things by going part-time but already have two very busy over-committed days right off the bat. I guess that is life. What a huge blessing the last 10 weeks have been!

Adelyn and Mommy at the lake for vacation.


Also, on an un-related note, I am starting a weight loss competition on Wednesday. I am very excited, not that I will win, but just the competition is getting the adrenaline going. I have been trying to get out jogging and doing a few sit-ups and push-ups to get a start so my body can handle working out again. It's getting better but my hips are sore. Seems like I am a little young for sore hips so looking for ways to pro-actively take care of them. They have a lot of Mommying left to do. :) The best part has been the freedom of movement. Not carrying those extra 30 pounds really makes a girl feel light. Obviously my hips don't agree. haha.

As for Adelyn, besides daycare, my thoughts right now are on teething (could she be?), pumping (will this new schedule and system work?), and introducing solids (she is growing quickly, I know this is sooner than I think). Two weeks ago she weighed 13 lb 1oz and was 24 inches long. That makes her the size of a 4-6 month old. Crazy.

Off to enjoy our last day. Cheers.

No comments: