Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quiet

It's spring break in college-ville and since that's the world I work in, it's quiet.

It's time to put it out there. I signed up for a Grandma's half marathon on June 18, 2011. Why you ask. Well, because I became obsessed with it - which usually means I need to do it. Second, because June 18, 2010 was Adelyn's due date. Third because it's something I have to do on my own - just me and 13 miles. And finally, because I think about that first run after having her and what an amazing feeling of physical freedom it was. Even if its not a pretty sight, even if I am the last to cross the finish line, even if I have to walk...  I LOVE being a mommy but running has been so amazing for me as an individual. This is me proving to me that I can do it. Plus, there are only so many episodes of The Biggest Loser and I Used to Be Fat that a girl can watch before she needs to just move!

And after all of that - I am terrified.

So that's my big challenge for the next few months. On top of that fun, we have decided to list our house. Cleaning and organizing this place was an amazing feat. It was a great sense of accomplishment but also a knowledge that this is just step one.

So really not quiet unless you want to talk about work.

2 comments:

Jena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jena said...

Oops! Apparently I don't pay attention to what I am clicking on and deleted my comment.

You can do the half marathon!!